Sunday, March 21, 2010
Is It Written?
I don't know what to write. I had a good focused breathing session this morning and time escaped me the rest of the day. Where does the weekend go? Being away from my baby for a few hours feels very relaxing, yet each time I go back to her after these "time-outs" for mama, I am invigorated and filled with more energy and love to lavish upon her. When I'm with her, she needs and deserves all of my love and attention, because she is my responsibility. She didn't ask to be put in my life, just as I did not ask for her to be put here, but she was, and she is my greatest joy- I know I've said it before, but no matter how tired she makes me, the laughter and smiles and warmth which I receive from her mere existence are boundless. This past week, we took many sea-side walks and went to the playground and library music/story-times twice. She loves watching the other kids and running around the library to see the fish tank and the paper mache tiger who wears red Chinese slippers. She likes to touch other kids faces and she's been watching Baby-Einstein about body parts a lot so now she pokes my face and dad's face when we play or lay down w/ her. She is learning "gentle" and softly touches flowers, leaves and hair with her tiny fingers, so sweet. She loves her igloo tent in her room and squeals when we chase her into it. And I love how sometimes she hums to herself quietly, little singer. At the weekly farmer's market Wednesday, I got a gal's number to get our babies together for a play date, we all need a good friend in our lives. I often miss old friends, especially ones I haven't heard from in a long while, and it warms my soul when they contact me... warms my soul like a nice, pretty cup of green tea :) I have been trying to write songs again, and I finally got one out the other day while Harmony napped. It's been hard to write since my dad passed, and slowly but surely I hope it will come back to me the way it used to flow out of my bones every day and night, songs pouring forth from within. I miss that, and I've been seeking new band mates here in Cali. Each day when I see my husband, inspiring me to do what I love, I am grateful for his example of pursuing his passion. I just gotta sing again! It's in my blood, in my lungs, in my soul, needs to burst, something just tells me it's what I'm supposed to be doing! Ever feel like something's written in your heart? Maktub.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment