photos by Tim Cattera Photography:




Last night I modeled in this fashion show at Stripe in Santa Cruz It was the 3rd show that I've walked in. The others were in Boston and Tampa. When I lived in Boston I used to direct fashion shows with an artist collective and one of my very own. So now I've been on both sides, as designer/ director and as a model. It's fun on any side, but always very busy and lots to do beforehand. Thursday was full dress rehearsal. Friday, we arrived at L'Atelier salon at 3pm for hair/makeup. Then waited until 8pm for the show to start. I wore feather eyelashes, 5 inch gray platform shoes, a white leather skirt and black ruffle top and had 3 white bracelets stuck on my head in a mohawk line, black leather clutch and as the show progressed the hair and makeup changed by getting messier and the outfits changed by adding and subtracting various accessories: shoes, bags, bustles, jewels, tights, etc. Each model walked 3 times and the music began with bird sounds, got heavier/ faster/ more intense and ended with crickets. There were 2 dancers in black cages dressed for a brothel in vintage corsets and lingerie. The clothing designer Alexis Meschi did an amazing, beautiful job on her debut show. The director Julianne Castro also put so much time, energy and work into the show and pulled off an incredibly well planned event, wonderfully executed as far as behind the scenes and organizing everyone, including stylists, makeup artists, models, dressers, photography, catering, music, dancers, live band... Lots of hands were involved in making this night successful and it was! Everyone looked radical in designs by Lex as the styling was so well done. Stripe is my favorite when it comes to style, and the store always stays fresh, exciting and gorgeous! The team of gals working there are all super helpful and friendly and it's nice to be around such positive energy. The show didn't have the usual chaos or catty-ness that I've seen in other shows, the models were great and everyone seemed to have lots of fun, despite any stress or nervousness :) I deeply respect the designer Lex and her hard work to reach her goals as she is a busy stay at home mom to 3 girls and found the time to create each piece, realizing her talents, having a dream and making her show a reality. Although I don't know her well, I can see that she puts plenty of heart into her endeavors and I am majorly inspired by her. Big ups to Lex and everyone involved... good times!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment