Monday, November 15, 2010

Bar Room Banter






WELL, after a 4 year hiatus, I finally performed with a band again! This past weekend we played 3 shows. Isla Vista (Santa Barbara) was a 4 hour drive in the van, short set at Biko Co-Op garage, then burritos on a cold night worthy of gloves and hats. Got home at 3:30 am, sooooo sleepy! Saturday I spent the day walking with my family and playing at the park, getting a hot fudge sundae etc... then had an AMAZEBALLS show at Poet and Patriot Bar in Santa Cruz in which about 100 folks crammed into the small space and there was no room to move! It was soooo much fun and such great energy. My hubby left the baby with a sitter along with our neighbors' baby here at our home, and the 2 babies played all night while us parents partied down :) I got home that night at 12:45 and the baby was still up and rowdy. We did not sleep that night, she was up squealing and tossing all night and my hubs snored worse than ever before. We had put Harmony to sleep at 7pm and woke her up at 9:30 when sitter and Cali (other baby) got here to play. Now her sleep routine is all messed up and it's been rough!!! I had a show Sunday in San Fran and we were stuck in football traffic for 40 minutes there, ggrrrrr. But again burritos and a fun, yet intimate show at Kokoro Art Gallery was cool. It was sooo hot in SF and my friends JAke and Melissa had just gone swimming in the ocean before riding bikes to my show! It was hot again today and I walked with Harmony for 2 hours to get ice cream. I am exhausted but it was such a rad weekend. It was so good to perform again, I had missed it so much. The energy and responsive audiences made it all so great and the band and I had fun hanging on the long drives to shows. Much delirious laughter and sharing of ipod playlists made for wonderful adventures and the beginnings of some good friendships. JJ, Matt, Chris and Evan, THANK YOU FOR PLAYING MUSIC THAT I LOVE SINGING TO!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment