First steps off the plane at Logan Airport I said, "This whole place smells like Dunkin Donuts." Then I saw two of them as I walked to baggage claim and craved a muffin, but resisted the urge. After a 15 hour day of traveling with a 2 year old who didn't nap all day, and changing her poop-filled diaper in a tiny, stinky airplane bathroom, and a 3 hour delay in Houston, I was tired. We went to sleep at 1am, finally. Harmony is having a blast with Grandma and Grandpa, squealing and running around laughing at everything. Tonight we're going to see a bunch of friends in Brighton at Porter Belly's Pub where our friend Dave Lamb's band is playing. We saw his band "Brown Bird" play in Santa Cruz last Friday at the end of their West Coast tour. I just ran into him in a record store in Santa Cruz and told him we didn't get tickets to his sold-out show so he put us on the guest list and we got a last minute babysitter!! I'm so glad I ran into him, small world, I hadn't seen him in probably 15 years or more. They are so good, and I've been wanting to see them for a few years, but never got to, and now I get to see them twice in one month, lucky me! We, and the friends we went to the show with, were so impressed by their performance, great energy and just good hand-clappin', body swaying fun! They opened for The Devil Makes Three, and both bands will play at The Newport Folk Festival in R.I. this summer! Anyways, try to see them someday if you can, as they live in R.I. and play around New England a lot. I knew Dave as a kid when he lived a few towns over from my town in MA and our families went to church together, but he's older and hung out with my sister. Now that we're on the East Coast, I miss living here, the air is just different, but I also miss the hot, sunny days that we've been having in Santa Cruz lately. So one week of clouds, family, friends and lobster, then back to our beach town.

No comments:
Post a Comment