
To the Real Man in my Life...
You're a real man (and an Incredible Father & Husband) because:
1-You aren't afraid to tackle a sink full of dishes by hand(almost nightly) & you do it without complaining & without me asking.
2-You never complain about anything, EVER...
3-You get up early every weekday morning for work and BIKE THERE AND BACK EVEN IN THE RAIN so I can have the van.
4-You've worked hard to get where you're at, since you were 12 years old caddying golf clubs, to farm work, to building 2 skate parks/skate shops, to road renegade salesman, to now managing a sales team to provide for all 3 of us so I can be home with baby.
5-You encourage me to try new things, new foods, new styles, new ways of life, new perspectives, new goals, new jobs. You spur me on to greater things, so that I can be more fulfilled and you support me in all my endeavors and crazy ideas.
6-You put tons of effort into anything you want to accomplish, from building a business, to playing banjo, to living healthier... and it inspires me.
7-You're extremely hands-on with our daughter, more than I've ever seen any man/father interact with children- consistently, lovingly, patiently, carefully, sensitively meeting her needs and mine.
8-You take care of baby any time I need a break and never have a problem doing so.
9-You read to her, bike with her, play at parks with her, race her, dance, sing silly annoying kids songs, teach her slowly and calmly, speak with a soft/caring tone, don't raise your voice, and comfort or discipline her when necessary.
10-You take care of me when I'm sick, or in pain, or sad.
11-You grocery shop, cook nice healthy meals for us, and are a great cook!
12-You're no couch potato... you watch almost no TV (less than any guy I know) and are always active and seeking to keep moving, not remain stagnant in life.
13-You keep a positive mindset, youthful energy, and don't become jaded with age. You fight to allow nothing to stand in your way or bring you down, instead finding solutions for obstacles & resolution for conflict or negative issues which arise in any area of life.
14-You are non-violent and extremely gentle with all living things/creatures/humans. You respect and admire nature and all life-forms treating them with kindness and care. Instead of killing a bug/fly/rodent/spider, you always rescue or free it. You respect all types/cultures of people and their diversity-(even my crazy family).
15-You are thoughtful and an amazing gift-giver. You find joy in giving to others and finding the best gifts for each occasion and wrapping/packaging them well.
16-You make super cute, sweet, creative hand-made cards for me every holiday b/c you know that I like them more than store-bought, generic, mass-produced ones.
17-You're not too macho to dance in public with me (or at home) when I ask, and you're a GREAT DANCER WITH RAD MOVES!
18-You love fashion and take me shopping and watch me try on everything and give good input... I'd rather shop with you than any chick.
19-You dress well and enjoy good style and great shoes.
20-You are sentimental and take good care of special/vintage/heirloom objects.
21-You open the car door for me before yourself and always put Harmony in her car-seat so I don't have to (because I hate doing it!)
22-You're in touch with your spirituality and will talk and listen to me about it too.
23-You always call (sometimes too much) and tell me where you are/what you're doing so I never have to worry, wonder, or nag you to come home from late night jaunts with nasty whores at dark, dirty bars...
24-You love me no matter what...... Haaaaaaaaaaaaaa, I'm a handful!
Happy Father's Day and Thank You for all that you are to Harmony and I.
We love you bunches!!!!!!!! I wish I had some sort of trophy to present you with, but I'll just be your trophy wife ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment